E-commerce Toronto | Search Engine Optimization Web Marketing.
Electronic commerce, a subset of ebusiness, is the purchasing, selling, and exchanging of goods and services over computer networks through which transactions or terms of sale are performed electronically. Contrary to popular belief, ecommerce is not just on the Web. In fact, ecommerce was alive and well in business to business transactions before the Web back in the 70s via EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) through VANs (Value-Added Networks). Ecommerce can be broken into four main categories: B2B, B2C, C2B, and C2C.
An e-commerce web design is different from any other web design. A thorough knowledge in the web programming languages or the tool used for designing alone will not help in constructing a successful e-commerce website. Extensive research has to be made even for the choice of colors and the usage of words in the content. The look and feel of the website is definitely important but there is something beyond.
E-commerce business could be fully operated by just 3 people. They are administrator, driver and programmer.
Administrator manages an Internet store and consults clients.
Driver (Courier) delivers goods if the first volume is small, we recommend to use specialized companies providing shipping services.
Programmer do implementation and configuration script of a store.
It is very important that you hire the very best web developers. They will have the requisite experience that is bound to enable you make the most out of your site. They will therefore be able to develop your site in such a way that it will actually sell your products online
E-commerce can be divided into:
* E-tailing or "virtual storefronts" on Web sites with online catalogs, sometimes gathered into a "virtual mall"
* The gathering and use of demographic data through Web contacts
* Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), the business-to-business exchange of data
* E-mail and fax and their use as media for reaching prospects and established customers * * *
* Business-to-business buying and selling
* The security of business transactions