Web Design In Toronto | Search Engine Optimization Web Marketing.
Web sites built using the techniques of flash multimedia are very often great works of art, and are beautiful to look at if you have the time, but are usually flops when it comes to accomplishing their purpose.
Websites designed and constructed with HTML based media are more successful, because they are better suited to current internet connection methods.
The two main factors that determine a website's appearance are color and layout.
A web designer is similar to a graphic designer. In fact, many graphic designers are web designers and vice versa. Sometimes the term web designer is used to describe a web developer, but really a web designer focuses on the user interface. They are responsible for layout, color palettes, and sometimes usability. Web designers often develop some programming skills to enable them to include certain features in the interface such as roll-overs or dynamic menus.
Web designers need to:
* Create simple paths through large quantities of content.
* Create Web pages that are fast to download.
* Translate business strategy into classifications/links that customers understand and can intuitively navigate through.
* Understand how people read on the Web and how they like to navigate.
* Create search processes that deliver accurate, descriptive results.
* Relentlessly focus on the function of the Web site.
* Actively seek feedback from the people who read the Web site with the objective of constant improvement.
* Recognize that in a text-based content environment, the style resides in the content itself, not the graphics that surround the content.